Cape Meares Community Center
5960 4th St. NW
- Call Meeting to Order
- Approval of Meeting Minutes (August 9, 2014–Draft minutes found http://tinyurl.com/os8meo2)
- Financial Report (Anita Johanson)
- Building Report
- Social Chair Report (Deborah Neal)
- Old Business
- New Business
- Date of Next Cape Meares Community Association Meeting
There will be an opportunity for community members to get an update on the work that is underway regarding the proposed eco-resort development on the Bayocean Spit. There is also further news to report regarding the 501(c)(3) status that CMCA has achieved.
From the SOS (Save Our Spit) Committee….
If you are considering attending the hearing on the proposed Bayocean Resort on November 13th at 7:00 PM at the County Courthouse, members of the group collecting information regarding the proposal would like to learn what you plan to say during the three-minute window allotted for each speaker……Please join us for a light lunch at noon, after the 10:00 AM Community Meeting on Nov. 8th. We won’t have much food available other than the hamburgers and hotdogs that we never prepared but froze after our Labor Day potluck so you may want to have some other food you bring along to eat. We’ll also have sodas to drink.
“Why should I remain for a short while after the business meeting?”
- There are guidelines provided for speakers at these hearings we wish to share.
- You might not want to speak yourself, or not be able to be at the hearing and could ask someone else to be sure to cover your point
- We could point out possible rebuttals to help hone your ideas
- The more Cape Meares coordinates its representatives, the more ideas can be expressed at the public forum.
- We may have missed important ideas that you have thought of and we did not.
- There are likely good points committee members won’t be able to fit in, but with a few more speakers, we can make sure the ideas are heard.
- We have tons of information that you might find interesting, and useful, next time you debate the use of the spit at a party.
P.S. If we don’t get rid of some hamburgers and hot dogs following the meeting you will have to eat them at the Christmas party. 😎
CMCA meeting on November 8!